Darjeeling - Organic

Style:Darjeeling Black Tea
Region:Darjeeling, India
Loose/teabag:Sachet

This tea's info last updated: Feb. 2, 2016

Strong but sensitive - we like that in a tea. These organic, golden orange pekoe tea leaves are grown on the rolling hills of Darjeeling, India. This rich drink evokes the quality tea from India, and we think its subtle astringency pairs perfectly with dessert.

In my opinion, among the best offerings by Two Leaves Tea. This is a very well done Darjeeling. A bit pricy for bagged tea, but worth it when you're in the mood to splurge. It doesn't need a long steep, either. Mmmmmm. It's really hitting the spot tonight.

I love, love, love Darjeeling - especially in the morning - and this bagged version from 2 Leaves and a bud is easy to drink on the way to the office. I love it - even if it is overpriced.

I initially liked the flavor of this tea, but the longer I sipped it the less I found it appealing. After brewing it for about 3 minutes I found that it had a sweet taste and was light when I began drinking it. As time passed and I continued drinking it, the flavor became more and more bitter and left a heavy taste in my mouth. Overall I liked the tea and would probably drink it again despite it's bitterness, but I definitely wouldn't say it's my favorite.

This tea has a sort of vegetable-like aroma that I don't like much. It's interesting, though. It has a kind of peachy flavor. I'm not a big fan of fruity teas, so I don't like it a lot, but it's okay. I added cream and sugar.

This used to be the best Darjeeling I've had in a tea bag...and better than some loose-leaf ones I've tried. I have since come to prefer Ahmad's Darjeeling though, which is much cheaper.

Fairly light, but still with some bite. This is the sort of Darjeeling tea that I like. The aroma has some interesting complexity and is hard to describe. It's a bit like Jasmine rice, and has a high-grown character. Less fruity than most Darjeeling. This is one tea where the flavor sinks to the bottom of the cup. Oolong-like, light in color as well...the brewed leaf also has a much greener color than most black tea.

I recommend brewing for the full four minutes, recommended by Two Leaves and a Bud. Some of the interesting qualities in the aroma come out only after a longer steeping.

This tea is expensive, however. Even buying in quantity, it is at least 35 cents a cup. You can make a second infusion, stretching it a little further. But for this price you can purchase truly outstanding loose teas, including first flush Darjeelings.